London gardening services
Many people offer gardening or garden maintenance services, but skilled gardeners, with the knowledge required to look after your plants properly and coax them into looking their best, are rare.
I offer a variety of services, including:
- Planting up window boxes and other containers with seasonal displays.
- Weeding, digging and preparing new beds.
- Pruning roses, shrubs and fruit bushes correctly and at the right time of year to ensure they stay healthy, shapely and a sensible size, whilst also maximising flowering/fruiting.
- Cutting, feeding and maintaining lawns.
- Trimming and maintaining hedges.
- Autumn or Spring tidy-ups.
- Visiting periodically to carry out regular maintenance.
- Turf laying and site preparation.
- Watering and tending your garden while you are on holiday.
How does it work?
Know what you want done?
If you know what task(s) you want doing, whether it be a single job or regular maintenance, simply contact me for a quote.
Not sure what needs doing?
If you have a garden that requires some maintenance, but you’re not sure exactly what needs to be done, or the best time of year to do it, you may want me to produce a garden maintenance and development plan for you first. That way, my services can be directed towards areas that will make the biggest difference.
I will survey your existing garden, determine the soil type and pH, identify the plants currently growing there and assess their condition.
I will then provide you with a written report detailing this information, along with recommendations as to what plants to keep, move or dispose of, ideas for improvements and a seasonal maintenance plan detailing what needs to be done in terms of maintaining and developing the gardens, and when these activities should be carried out.
We can then agree a schedule for me to come back and carry out any work you decide you’d like done.
Of course, if you then decide you’ll do the jobs yourself, that’s fine. If you’d like some guidance, my garden mentoring service could be for you.
If you’d like my help with a garden revamp (be it a flower bed, a part of the garden or a complete garden makeover), please see my garden design services.
My qualifications and experience
- Royal Horticultural Society Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture
- I worked for fifteen years as a curator of the herbaria at Kew Gardens and the Natural History Museum, which has given me a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of plants and their natural habitats (and therefore their growing requirements) and fuelled my life-long passion for gardening and growing plants.
I am based in southeast London, but cover the whole of London.
For more information, please contact me using the form below: